2021 Team Photo Day is set!
Tryouts Camp, Save the Date, FAQ
Registration, Save the Date and Tryouts FAQ
June 1st – June 13th
Four 1-hour and 15 minute sessions – plus a Sunday AM game
Masks are required ON and OFF the ice — we abide by SF Department of Health Protocol and will update as restrictions change.
8U: 2013 & younger
Head Coach – Peter Korcsinszky
Tue & Thu 6:15-7:15pm
(no game for 8U — no cuts – everyone makes a squad)
10U: 2011 & 2012
Head Coach – Tim Nelson
Wed & Fri 6:30-7:45pm
GAME: Sunday, June 13th at 8:45 AM
12U: 2009 & 2010
Head Coach – Michelle Chee & Mark Smith
GAME: Sunday, June 13th at 10:30 AM
14U: 2007 & 2008
Head Coach – George Caliendo and Dave Duble
GAME: Sunday, June 6th at 8:45 AM
16U/HS: 2006 – 2003
Head Coach – Casey O’Sullivan
Tue & Thu 9:00-10:15pm
GAME: Sunday, June 6th at 10:30 AM
Tryout Camp Cost
No prorated discounts and no goalie discounts
- Send a payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleas be sure to use “Friends and Family” payment method, and in the notes please add first and last name, and birth year of skater(s).
- After your submitted your payment, email email@example.com so that we can easily track our participants and ensure everyone has a spot on the ice.
- Waiver will be provided after payment.
Thank you so much for your continued support of our club – a 501 (c) 3 – run by parent volunteers just like you!
Save the Date – Sabercats Community “Town Hall” – via Zoom
Basic season information and Q & A on June 7th PM – Time TBD
Reminder that the impact of this weird year still lingers, as illustrated by this unusual tryouts.
When will we find out if our skater made a Sabercat team?
- NorCal Hockey does not permit A/BB/B travel teams to be announced prior to June 18, 2021.
- Sabercat teams will be announced no later than June 20th– emails will be sent to each player family.
- 8 U hockey is run a little differently — three are no cuts — the 8U coach will provide more 8U specific information at the time of try out.
Does my child have to designate a preference of what level they play like A or B?
- Level of team: A, BB, or B is determined by the league — after pre-season games, typically in September, the league assess teams with coach input and assigns the level.
What if a special circumstance prohibits my child from trying out during this 2 week try-out clinic?
- Contact the registrar and coach (if you know the coach already) with your need for accommodation and we will work out an alternative solution.
What is the team commitment in the summer?
- There are no formal team practices in June and July — although there will be an array of skills clinics and hockey camps to support players all summer.
- Typically, team practices start in August and often there are pre-season tournament opportunities over Labor Day weekend – a great way to help a team “gel” and prepare for the season.
Volunteer / Parent contribution
- All families are required to have at least one adult complete the SAFE SPORT Training (information provided in next newsletter) and there are many volunteer needs throughout the year from locker room monitors and score keepers to fundraisers and team managers .,.,.It definitely takes a village to run a youth hockey club!
And there are need-based scholarships available to help make hockey accessible for everyone.